Biological Psychiatry Rising Star Award
Two awards, valued at up to R100,000, will be given to early career researchers in psychiatry, neuroscience, and related disciplines.
• Psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, senior registrars, medical officers in psychiatry,
basic or clinical neuroscientists with at least an MBChB or PhD degree.
• Ability to conduct an innovative and feasible project in any area relevant to biological
psychiatry or neuropsychopharmacology.
• University employed or affiliated for the full duration of the project.
• Not a recipient of a Biological Psychiatry award in the previous 3 years.
• Based in South Africa or affiliated to a South African University where the funds will be managed.
• Research proposal of 10 pages including a budget.
• Up-to-date curriculum vitae.
• Half-page personal statement outlining your most significant career
• Statement explaining how this research award would particularly benefit you at this time in your career.
Successful awardees must be willing to: (i) publish their work in a peer-reviewed journal within 2 years of receipt of the award; (ii) furnish an interim progress report and an end-of-study report on their project; (iii) join up as members of the Biological Psychiatry Special Interest Group (membership is free); and (iv) be co-mentored on their project by a member of the Biological Psychiatry Executive Committee.
• 31 October 2023
Submit applications via email to Cassandra Carels: firstname.lastname@example.org