PSSA travel grants are now open. These grants are strictly for fully paid student members that intend on presenting their work/data at this year’s conference.
There are a number of available at R3000 each. Interested students may apply by filling in the attached travel grant from and send it to email@example.com. The deadline for the travel award is Friday 30 June 2017.
Please note that abstract deadline is Friday 16 June 2016.
Also, as you may be aware, there are some prestigious prizes on offer during the congress. These include:
- Wyndham (oral)
- Johnny van der Walt (poster)
- Best methodology
- Best general poster
- Best honours project
- Best paper for 2016 (The deadline for submission is Monday 31 July 2017.)
For more information regarding these prizes, you may log into the PSSA website and under the ‘About’ tab, click awards or simply use the link. (http://physiolsoc.org.za/us/awards ).
Finally, the PSSA is also accepting nominations for PSSA fellows and the LASEC award. The deadline for nominations is Monday 31 July 2017.
PSSA Fellow: Please refer PSSA website for guidelines and for a list of current fellows.
Lasec award: This award honors a well-established, physiologist who has proven their research excellence over a period of time. The recipient should:
- have an excellent national profile and a high level of international recognition,
- have added value to the society through research innovation,
- be an active contributor at the PSSA congress in terms of the research presented by themselves and/or their students and the fostering of critical thinking and discussion