The UCT Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health seeks to appoint a Research Assistant, and invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for immediate appointment for this full-time, 6 month contract position.
Research activities will include – but not be limited to:
- The Contingency Management study. In this study we evaluate the effectiveness of an 8 week Contingency Management treatment on current methamphetamine users in Cape Town. More details about the rationale for such work can be found on enquiry.
- Honours degree in in Psychology or another health-related discipline
- Verbal, written and reading fluency in English
- Computer literacy, particularly pertaining to Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Valid Driver’s Licence and own reliable transport
- Driven, self-motivated and dynamic
- Ability to work with a particularly vulnerable population group
A Masters degree in Public Health (MPH), PhD in Research/Neuro-/Clinical Psychology and prior experience in clinical research project management (particularly in a psychiatric research setting) will be advantageous.
- Recruiting of potential candidates for the study from various rehabilitation centres and Mowbray Maternity Hospital
- Screening of potential candidates for the study (both treatment group and healthy controls)
- Administer neuropsychological questionnaires
- Oversee scans for certain participants
- Assist with data management and statistical analyses
- Collection of urine samples from participants and candidates
The annual cost of employment between R85,069.50 and R100,081,50 for 6 months.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Miss Lara van Nunen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 404 5482 Website: www.uct.ac.za
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.